The Adam and Eve House and the Museum of Town History

The Adam and Eve House is one of the oldest Tudor-style buildings in Paderborn. It was built around 1560 in the style of the Weser-Renaissance. Its striking façade is decorated with rich colourful woodcarvings, which extend in three friezes across the front gable. The Adam and Eve House owes its name to one of the figure-style friezes on the face of the building, which reflects the expulsion from paradise. The centre frieze shows the symbols of the four Evangelists. Funny faces of men grimacing are recognisable between the dividing Renaissance palmettos.
Today, the Adam and Eve House accommodates the Museum of Town History. An attractive arrangement of lovely Tudor-style houses has been preserved in the neighbouring street ‘Auf den Dielen’.

Information

oeffnungszeiten

Tue – Sun: 10:00 – 18:00 hrs

 
Ziel

Paderborn,
Hathumarstraße 7–9

 
adresse

Museum of Town History                Hathumarstraße 7–9
33098 Paderborn
Telefon 05251 8823501
Telefax 05251 8823509
tourist-info@paderborn.de
www.paderborn.de/stadtmuseum

 
verkehr
 
 

Telefon

phoneNumber

search

socialmedia

Facebook Twitter GooglePlus Instagram