This former Jesuit Church (today called the Market Church) was built between 1682 and 1692 with a Baroque façade. The interior of this basilica with its three aisles and its choirs is unusually light and ornate.
The interior construction is in the Gothic style, but its magnificent design is mostly in the Baroque style. The Church Treasure includes precious altar items from the 17th and 18th Century. The gilded Baroque High Altar is of particular interest. The altar had been completely destroyed during the War. In 2003, after ten years of restoration work, it was finished to its original design. The 'Theodorianum', a secondary grammar school and the theological faculty is located next to the Church.